- Joystiq has the following:
"PSP Firmware 6.00 is now available for those adventurous enough to click on Network Update from the XMB. The changelog, copied in full below, may look rather uninspiring at first:
- Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on their expire date under [Game].
- Under [Settings], [Network Update] has been changed to [System Update]. Under [System Update], you can now choose how to update the system software.
- The number of colors that can be selected under [Settings] > [Theme Settings] has been increased.
- Revisions to strengthen security have been added. (Internet Browser)
While additional XMB colors will excite few, the mention of "expire dates" for games sounds rather surprising. PSP currently supports time-based licenses for video rentals. However, applying the same rules to games hasn't been done before. Earlier in the year, we discovered plans for a potential games rental service for PSP. Is firmware 6.00 preparing the hardware for a new expansion to the PlayStation Store?"