Welcome to PSP-Files.com. Here you can download the latest games for your Sony PlayStation Portable, Sony Xperia Play mobile phone and the Sony Next Generation Portable, the most powerful handheld games console in the world.
You can also find other files such as game saves, music and movies all formatted to work on your PSP, SXP and NGP. Click around to get your files now!
Please note: Our servers can be really busy. If your download is redirected to another website, wait a few seconds and try again.
Please click on advertisements to keep this site alive!
- IGN have said that Logic 3 have cancelled the planned production of their keyboard accessory for the PSP.
- They blame Sony for not providing command protocols necessary for the keyboard to function.
- So are Sony bringing out their own keyboard first, or they just don't want one available? They may see it as an extra tool for hackers that want to run things like Linux on their PSP.
- But if Sony Mail in firmware v3.00 is real, this would have been really useful.
- Images have been floating around the Internet that are supposed to be of PSPs running a new v3.00 firmware over the past few days.
- The first set look a little rough and were thought to be fake.
- A new set look more convincing, but there are still some flaws. There is no glow around the selected icon for instance. They could well be faked images loaded onto a PSP for viewing, (and photographing.)
- I'm not sure how real these images are. To me the icons do not quite fit the PSP's style.
- If these are real however, expect some of the following new features to be added, (along with tougher security):
* Sony Mail
* Sony Organiser
* Console Security
* Music Store connectivity
* PS3 connectivity
- PSP World is claiming an anonymous source has tipped them off about the expected PSP 2's new capabilities.
- According to them, it will be available in black, white and silver, the in built storage will be 4GB of NAND memory and a video camera will be built into the bottom of the unit (where the PSP logo is now.)
- The camera could be used for video conferencing using the PS3, Wi-Fi and the PlayStation HUB service.
- A camera would make sense. Sony love to put their Motion Eye's in Vaio laptops and some of the Sony Ericsson phones.
- Intriguing, but until we hear something official, post this under "sure buddy..."
- Engadget have a little bit of rumour mongering about a new version of the PSP to be released this year with built in memory.
- It could mean upto 8GB of onboard storage for all your game saves and media (and homebrew hopefully!) making the PSP much more of a threat to the iPod market Sony so badly wants to penetrate.
- SCEA has announced downloadable map packs for the SOCOM 3 on the PS2 available for $5.99.
- The relates to the PSP because you would normally need the official HDD, but this game also has support for "compatible USB Mass Storage Device[s] (such as a USB Flash/Thumb drive)" and "Memory Stick Duo Media (minimum 32MB)" using a PSP.
- This allows PStwo owners to get in on the action!
- Brand new sites have just open for you, dear readers.
- PS3-Files.com and DS-Files.com, each with all the hacking news of your favourite consoles.
- We have also launched a new conga to celebrate. Get yourself a Free PlayStation 3 preordered and ready for this September.
- Didn't get an Xbox 360 on launch day? Don't miss out again!
- DigiTimes has a quote from SCEA's Tetsuhiko Yasuda.
"Sony does not regard Xbox as a competitor. Rather, the company may even consider working with Microsoft to develop games together."
- Not gonna happen any time in the foreseeable future, but hey, Sega make games for Nintendo now right?
- But since Nintendo have previously stated they are not fighting for market share with Microsoft or Sony, it looks like no one is fighting anyone. So does that mean there are three winners or three losers?
- 1UP are reporting about a new PSP game ready for release in Japan from Kokuyo.
- "Business Experience Series: The Path To Starting A Company" is a text based adventure in which you play as a guy who quits his job to start his own company.
- The idea is to teach people the basics of how to start a compnay in real life, creating and marketing a new product. But more than that, to teach creativity to the workers of the business world.
- Before the release of GTA:LCS UMD movies were selling well. At one point they accounted for about half of all sales when compared to PSP games.
- Now though things have changed with an average sale of around 40.000 to 50,000 per movie title.
- This has prompted many movie studios, including Sony, to reduce plans to release new movies in the UMD format. What with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD coming up, they have enough to worry about I suppose.
- Next-Gen.com have posted an article which could be great news for Sony gaming fans.
"According to well-placed industry sources, PlayStation HUB will offer PlayStation 3 owners much the same services as Xbox Live, including chat, downloadable demos, independent games and online play. The service is also designed to support PSP online play as well as PS3. It's a departure from PlayStation 2's online strategy, widely regarded as vastly inferior to Microsoft's."
- Moreover, Sony is aiming for a September launch for the PlayStation 3 in Japan and North America.
- Add the Nintendo Revolution into the mix and its going to be a great year for gaming!
- Hopefully you have noticed the new style added to PSP-Files.com this week.
- Sorry the news has been a little slow but we have been working on some new stuff for you which should be announced soon.
- Don't forget to check out Xbox360-Files.com too!
- Warning of a bug in Snes9x TYL on v2.00 PSPs from PSP Updates.
"Yoyofr has posted a notice on his website concerning about the save state function not working on 2.0 PSP.
The solution is to delete the logo.bmp, and replace it with the bmp from the previous version, or a 480*320 8bpp bmp file made by yourself. The issue should be fixed by this method. The solution was first discovered by thecradle on Snes9x TYL official forum.
Yoyofr also mentioned the emulator won't work on [PSPs with
firmwares higher than v2.00 -ASH]. And on 2.00, the emulator runs slower than on 1.50 and lower.
Laxer3a, one of the creators of Snes9x TYL, has launched his website. You can view it [here]."
- GameStop brings word of another TV adaptor for the PSP.
- The Nyko PSP TV Adaptor is $79.99 and is expected to be available on 4/3/2006.
- Problem is, its a camera captured image, so the pictureon your TV will probably not be that great.
"Play PSP games and watch UMD movies on your TV!
* Snap-on design allows you to watch PSP movies and play UMD games on your TV without modifying your PSP
* High quality CCD sensor and lens combination 'tuned' to the PSP screen
* Stereo audio output directly from the PSP to the TV
* Includes RCA cables for connecting to standard video-in jack on your TV
* Plug and Play- does not require user tuning, tweaking or adjustments
* Auto white balance, auto contrast and auto brightness"
- PSP Updates have posted a way of locking your PSP's screen at brightness level 4.
- You can normally only get this when the power cord is plugged in.
- It will use more power, but this is not a permanent change and is non-invasive.
"Brightness Level 4 is bright, but we need the power adapter plugged to keep it. The problem is obvious - we can't drag the damn power cord everywhere.
The problem is over now. We are glad to share a very handy method for keeping your PSP locked on Level 4 Brightness, without any messy process.
1, Plug your power cord.
2, Adjust your brightness to Level 4.
3, Start a UMD game/homebrew.
4, When the program launch video is being played (the one with green balls flashed and PSP text in the middle of the screen), make sure you unplug the power cord from the PSP when the launch sound effect is over. You will notice that the brightness didn't fall down to level 3.
And now, your screen brightness is locked at Level 4! You can suspend and resume the PSP, turn it off and back on, or even turn the screen off by pressing and holding the brightness button until the screen is turned off, and none of the actions above will make your PSP lose Level 4 brightness!!! The power saving screen shutting off function will not change the brightness too.
The only way to go back to brightness level 3, is to adjust it manually by pressing the brightness button."
- In other free gift news, PSP Updates reports that you can get a free iPod Nano with the purchase of a PSP game.
- Well, a pre-order of Suikoden 1 & 2 Limited Edition... in Japan... and you had to order by 19th January from Konami...
- Best just join the PSP-Files.com iPod Nano Conga Line to get one for free. No purchase necessary ;)
- A while ago Xbox-scene.com posted a story about the makers of XLink Kai, a game tunneling service to allow system link multiplayer games to be played over the Internet, may be creating a commercial version of the service for the PSP.
- If true, this could mean an unofficial Xbox Live! style service for the PSP will appear before the summer hits.
- We reported earlier about Capcom offering a free D-pad cover with pre-orders of Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX in Japan to make it easier to play.
- Now, word is that the USA is getting the same deal. Sweet.
- Proud news today as Xbox360-Files.com opens for business.
- Be sure to drop by for all the latest in Xbox 360 hacking news.