- Humma Kavula has done it again. After the success of PSP Fastloader comes PSP UMD Emulator v0.8.
- This app makes the PSP think an ISO is actually a UMD, so all releases should work.
- It seems to redirect the UMD drive to point to the Memory Stick slot since it also has the following feature: "possibility to redirect flash0: (kernel data) and flash1: (user config) to memory stick"
- Below are the steps to get it going, which should give you an idea of how it works:
"1) Once PSP UMD Emulator v0.8 is installed per the included instructions with your .ISO file in the \UMDEMULATOR\ISO directory of your MS, then launch it as you would any PSP homebrew application.
2) Select the PSP .ISO that you'd like to play from the list and then press X (with any UMD in the drive, if you have none in then add one after pressing X). The utility will then bring you back to the PSP's main Memory Stick menu screen.
3) Finally, move your cursor from "Memory Stick" up past "Game" until you reach the "UMD" selection and presto- your .iSO image is now emulated as an 'original' PSP UMD disc and is fully playable by pressing X to launch it!"